6th Annual CahabaQue
Saturday, April 7th, 2018
1:00 PM - 5:00PM
Save the date for our 6th Annual BBQ Competition!
Proceeds benefit Breast Cancer Research Foundation of Alabama
** ticket info coming soon * * * STAY TUNED! * *
* * ARE YOU UP FOR THE CHALLENGE? * * * SIGN YOUR TEAM up TODAY! * *
HERE'S HOW IT WORKS:
* One Pit Master + Five Crew Members = Your 2018 CahabaQue Team is MADE! :)
* Friday, April 6th - Your team sets up to begin the cook-off, pick up your team packets, etc. May the smoke be with you!
* Saturday, April 7th - Judging for the Best CahaBUTT (and other prizes) begins and doors open to hungry voters at 1PM! Your team will serve BBQ to your potential voters. Prizes announced about 4PM on Saturday.
YOUR TEAM WILL BE PROVIDED:
* Up to 8 Boston butts (could be even more!), compliments of Cajun Cleaver. Additional butts, if desired, must be pre-ordered through Cahaba Brewing.
* One 12 x 12 cook team space with team banner. (Upgrade to 12 x 24 space for $100 extra - limited spots)
TEAMS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
* Preparing provided Boston Butts as CahaBUTT entry for judges & use in public sampling
* Preparing signature dish (secondary item of your choosing) as People's Choice entry for judges and use in public sampling
* Providing your own team's equipment, including tent, tables, chairs, cooking supplies, generators and any other comforts of home you find you need for the duration of the cooking & serving to event attendees
* Paper goods and serving supplies for CahaBUTT and People's Choice (secondary item) samplings for up to 2000+ guests
JUDGING & PRIZES:
- Best CahaButt - Judges' trophy, bragging rights and $250 cash prize
- CahaButt Runner-up - Judges' trophy, bragging rights and $100 cash prize
- People's Choice Trophy - (secondary item) - People's trophy, bragging rights and $50 cash prize
** MORE INFORMATION TO BE PROVIDED ON JUDGING GUIDELINES AND CALCULATIONS VIA EMAIL PRIOR TO EVENT **
* * STILL UP FOR THE CHALLENGE? * * * SIGN YOUR TEAM up TODAY! * *
HOW TO SIGN UP:
1. Add your team spot size and 'ADD TO CART'
2. Complete the team registration form (it will appear)
3. Submit team registration form and press 'ADD TO CART'
4. Scroll up and click on 'MY CART' and proceed to CHECKOUT to pay team fee
5. Mark your calendar (4/7/18) and spread the word to friends and family :)
6. Start your CrowdRise CahabaQue Team Page to raise more money for BCRFA leading up to event!
7. Plan your menu and get ready to cook some BBQ for a great cause!