7th Annual CahabaQue
Saturday, April 6th, 2019
1:00 PM - 5:00PM
Save the date for our 7th Annual BBQ Competition!
Proceeds benefit Breast Cancer Research Foundation of Alabama
* * ARE YOU UP FOR THE CHALLENGE? * *
* SIGN YOUR TEAM up TODAY! *
HERE'S HOW IT WORKS:
- One Pit Master + Five Crew Members = Your 2019 CahabaQue Team
- Friday, April 5th - Your team sets up to begin the cook-off, pick up your team packets, etc. May the smoke be with you!
- Saturday, April 6th - Judging for the Best CahaBUTT (and other prizes) begins and doors open to hungry voters at 1PM! Your team will serve BBQ to your potential voters. Prizes announced about 4PM on Saturday.
YOUR TEAM WILL BE PROVIDED:
- Up to 8 Boston butts, compliments of Cajun Cleaver. Additional butts, if desired, must be pre-ordered through Cahaba Brewing.
- One 12 x 12 cook team space with team banner. (Upgrade to 12 x 24 space for $100 extra - limited spots)
TEAMS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Preparing provided Boston Butts as CahaBUTT entry for judges & use in public sampling
- Preparing signature dish (secondary item of your choosing) as People's Choice entry for judges and use in public sampling
- Providing your own team's equipment, including tent, tables, chairs, cooking supplies, generators and any other comforts of home you find you need for the duration of the cooking & serving to event attendees
- Paper goods and serving supplies for CahaBUTT and People's Choice (secondary item) samplings for up to 2000+ guests
JUDGING & PRIZES:
- Best CahaButt (1st) = Judges' trophy, bragging rights and $250 cash prize
- CahaButt Runner-up (2nd) = Judges' trophy, bragging rights and $100 cash prize
- People's Choice Trophy (Secondary Item) = People's trophy, bragging rights and $50 cash prize
- Most Charitable (money raised) = Trophy and bragging rights
** MORE INFORMATION WILL BE SENT TO YOUR TEAM REGARDING JUDGING GUIDELINES AND RESTRICTIONS, ETC. **
HOW TO SIGN UP:
1. Complete online registration form (below) and press 'ADD TO CART'
2. Then, go into your CART and make payment and complete your order!
(If you are not prompted to make a payment, your application is not complete)
3. Mark your calendar and spread the word to friends and family
4. Start your CrowdRise CahabaQue Team Page to raise more money for BCRFA leading up to event!
5. Wait to hear from us regarding more detailed information for the competition. We will email you soon!
6. Plan your menu and get ready to cook some BBQ for a great cause!